The “mHealth (Mobile Healthcare) Ecosystem: 2015 – 2030– Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in–depth assessment of the global mHealth market. In addition to covering key market drivers, challenges, future roadmap, value chain analysis, deployment case studies, service/product strategies and strategic recommendations, the report also presents comprehensive forecasts for the mHealth market from 2015 till 2030. The forecasts and historical revenue figures are individually segmented for 5 individual submarkets, 29 use case categories, 5 ecosystem player categories, 6 geographical regions and 34 countries.
Driven by the thriving ecosystem, The Research estimates that the mHealth market will account for nearly $18 Billion in 2016 alone. Despite barriers relating to regulation, patient acceptance and privacy concerns, The Research estimates further growth at a CAGR of 40% over the next 5 years.
This study answers several questions for stakeholders, primarily which market segments they should focus upon during the next five years to prioritize their efforts and investments.
These stakeholders include more than 100 companies both manufacturing and providing services in the MHealth Ecosystem such as,
270 Vision, 2Net, 3L Labs, 3M, 4DForce, 4iii Innovations, AdhereTech, Adidas, Aerotel Medical Systems, Aetna, Affinity Networks, Agfa HealthCare, Agfa-Gevaert Group, Agile Health, Agilent Technologies, AHRQ (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality), Ain Pharmaciez, AirStrip Technologies, AirWatch, Alcatel-Lucent, Alego Health, Alere, Alivecor, Allergan, Allied Telesis and other major players in the market.
Country Markets – Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report has the following key findings:
– Driven by the thriving ecosystem, The Research estimates that the mHealth market will account for over $18 Billion in 2016 alone
– Despite barriers relating to regulation, patient acceptance and privacy concerns, The Research estimates further growth at a CAGR of 40% over the next 5 years
– The Research estimates that mHealth centric wearable devices will account for over 130 Million unit shipments by the end of 2020. In order to gain valuable insights from the data generated by these devices, healthcare providers and other stakeholders are increasingly investing in Big Data and analytics technology
– The Research estimates that Big Data and analytics technology investments in the healthcare sector will account for over $4 Billion by 2020, following a CAGR of over 14% between 2015 and 2020
– In a bid to reduce error rates and enhance patient monitoring, pharmaceutical companies are increasingly incorporating smartphone and tablet based monitoring apps in their clinical trials
– mHealth has the potential to dramatically reduce the costs of healthcare operations, while improving the quality of healthcare. The Research estimates that by the end of 2016, mHealth could represent up to $340 Billion in annual healthcare cost savings worldwide.
The report covers the following topics:
– The scope and implementation of mHealth across the globe
– mHealth technology
– Market drivers and key benefits of mHealth
– Challenges and inhibitors to the mHealth ecosystem
– mHealth standardization and regulatory initiatives
– mHealth opportunities, use cases and applications
– mHealth deployment case studies
– Value chain analysis of the mHealth ecosystem and the recognition of key players in each segment of the value chain
– mHealth industry roadmap: 2015 – 2030
– Key trends in the mHealth ecosystem; mHealth regulation & security, adoption of cloud based mHealth services, alliances for ecosystem fortification, and the impact of LTE deployments
– The role of M2M and wearable technology in the mHealth ecosystem
– Profiles and strategies of over 200 ecosystem players
Global MHealth Ecosystem Sales (K Units) by Application (2015-2030)
|2015||2017||2030||Market Share (%)||CGAR (%)
|Latin & Central America||xx||xx||xx||xx%||xx%|
|Middle East & Africa||xx||xx||xx||xx%||xx%|
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
– What are the key market drivers and challenges for the mHealth ecosystem?
– What are the key applications of mHealth?
– How is the mHealth value chain structured and how will it evolve overtime?
– What opportunities does mHealth offer to mobile network operators, healthcare service providers, pharmaceutical companies and other players in the value chain?
– What strategies should mobile network operators, wireless infrastructure & device OEMs, healthcare service providers, pharmaceutical companies and application developers adopt to capitalize on the mHealth opportunity?
– How big is the mHealth market, and how much revenue will it generate in 2020?
– What will be the installed base of mHealth M2M connections in 2020?
– How many mHealth centric wearable devices will be shipped in 2020?
– What particular submarkets does the mHealth ecosystem constitute?
– What geographical regions, countries and submarkets offer the greatest growth potential for mHealth?
– Who are the key players in the mHealth market?
– What level of cost savings can mHealth facilitate for healthcare service providers in each region?
– What are the key applications of LTE in the mHealth market?
– What considerations should be taken into account to devise a successful mHealth strategy for a hospital?
Forecast Segmentation Market forecasts and historical revenue figures are provided for each of the following 5 submarkets and their 23 use case categories:
– Safety Data Collection
– Consumer Education
– Medical Education
– Post Market Monitoring
– Drug Authentication
– Social Media
– Patient Compliance & Retention: Clinical Trials
Information & Healthcare Management:
– Electronic Health/Medical Records & Tracking Tools
– Diagnostic Tools & Medical Reference
– Continuing Medical Education
– Awareness Through Alerts
– Logistical & Payment Support
Healthcare & Fitness:
– Medical Compliance
– Fitness & Nutrition Apps
– Clinical Decision Support Systems
– Prescribable Mobile Apps
Remote Consultation/Diagnostic Services:
– Mobile Video Consultations, Collaboration & Surgery
– Non-Video Consultations & Collaboration
– Remote Collaboration in Emergency Situations
M2M, Wearable Technology, Sensor & Monitoring Applications:
– Health and Wellness Monitoring
– Disease Surveillance/Remote Monitoring
– Diagnostic Tools
– Technical Logistics
Revenue is also split by ecosystem player:
– Mobile Network Operators/Connectivity Providers
– Mobile & mHealth Device OEMs
– Content & Application Providers
– Healthcare Service Providers
– Pharmaceutical Industry
Additional forecasts are provided for the following:
– Wireless M2M connections for the mHealth vertical
– mHealth centric wearable device shipments
– Mobile video calling users
– Annual throughput of mobile network data traffic
– Smartphone, feature phone, tablet, desktop PC and notebook shipments
– Mobile network subscriptions by region
– Cost saving potential of mHealth by region
– Big Data & analytics technology investments in the healthcare sector