The “M2M & IoT Ecosystem: 2015 – 2030– Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the M2M and IoT ecosystem including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, vertical market applications, deployment case studies, collaborative initiatives, regulatory landscape, standardization, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts from 2015 till 2030. The forecasts are segmented for 8 vertical markets, 7 access networking technologies, 6 regions and over 70 leading countries.
The Research estimates that global spending on M2M and IoT technologies will reach nearly $250 Billion by 2020, driven by a host of vertical market applications including but not limited to connected car services, remote asset tracking, healthcare monitoring, smart metering, digital signage, home automation and intelligent buildings..
This study answers several questions for stakeholders, primarily which market segments they should focus upon during the next five years to prioritize their efforts and investments.
These stakeholders include more than 100 companies both manufacturing and providing services in the M2M and IoT Ecosystem such as,
3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project), ABB Group, Accenture, Aclara Technologies, Actility, ADT Corporation, Aeris Communications, AIOTI (Alliance for Internet of Things Innovation), Airbiquity, Airbus Group, Alcatel-Lucent, Allegion, AllSeen Alliance, Altair Semiconductor, Amazon.com, AMCi Wireless, América Móvil, Ansaldo STS, Apple, Arduino and other major players in the market.
Country Markets – Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report has the following key findings:
– The Research estimates that global spending on M2M and IoT technologies will reach nearly $250 Billion by 2020, driven by a host of vertical market applications including but not limited to connected car services, remote asset tracking, healthcare monitoring, smart metering, digital signage, home automation and intelligent buildings
– The installed base of M2M connections will grow at a CAGR of nearly 30% between 2015 and 2020, eventually accounting for over 10 Billion connections worldwide
– SNS Research estimates that multimedia and video applications will account for more than 20% of the revenue generated by M2M and IoT services by 2020, amid growing incorporation of LTE in M2M modules and gateways
– Besides optimizing their cellular networks for M2M services, mobile operators are increasingly investing in LPWA networks for low power, low bandwidth IoT applications.
The report covers the following topics:
– M2M and IoT ecosystem
– Market drivers and barriers
– Enabling technologies and key trends
– Network architecture and mobile operator business models
– Assessment of cellular, satellite, LPWA (Low Power Wide Area), wireline and short range networking technologies
– Analysis of key trends in the ecosystem including but not limited to IoT platforms, traffic projections, multimedia applications, LTE adoption, roaming, cloud services and network security
– Vertical market applications, opportunities and deployment case studies
– Regulatory landscape, collaborative initiatives and standardization
– Industry roadmap and value chain
– Profiles and strategies of over 240 leading ecosystem players, including enabling technology providers, mobile operators, MVNOs, aggregators, IoT platform providers, system integrators and vertical market specialists
– Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
– Market analysis and forecasts from 2015 till 2030
Global M2M and IoT Ecosystem Sales (K Units) by Application (2016-2030)
|2016||2017||2030||Market Share (%)||CGAR (%)|
|Latin & Central America||xx||xx||xx||xx%||xx%|
|Middle East & Africa||xx||xx||xx||xx%||xx%|
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
– How big is the M2M and IoT opportunity?
– What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
– How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
– What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
– Which regions, countries and verticals will see the highest percentage of growth?
– Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
– How will M2M and IoT services drive investments in cloud based IoT platforms, Big Data, analytics, network security and other technologies?
– What are the growth prospects of cellular, satellite, LPWA, wireline and short range networking technologies?
– How do government mandates and initiatives impact the adoption of embedded M2M connectivity?
– How will LTE drive the adoption of multimedia and video based IoT applications?
– Do LPWA IoT networks pose a threat to cellular network technologies?
– What strategies should enabling technology providers, mobile operators, MVNOs, aggregators, IoT platform providers and other ecosystem players adopt to remain competitive?
Historical Revenue and Forecast Segmentation Connection and service revenue forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
– Automotive & Transportation
– Asset Management & Logistics
– Consumer Electronics & Home Automation
– Energy & Utilities
– Intelligent Buildings & Infrastructure
– Public Safety, Security & Surveillance
– Retail & Vending
Wide Area Networking Technologies:
– 2G & 3G Cellular
– LTE & 5G Cellular
Short Range Networking Technologies:
– Bluetooth & ZigBee
– Multimedia & Video
– Remote Monitoring, Maintenance & Control
– Tracking & Tracing
Revenue forecasts for the wider M2M and IoT market are provided for each of the following submarkets:
– M2M Application Services & Connectivity
– M2M Modules & Hardware
– M2M & IoT Security
– CDP (Connected Device Platforms)
– M2M & IoT Application Platforms
– Other M2M & IoT Software
– Network Integration & Professional Services