The “Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband Market: 2016 – 2030– Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the global public safety LTE market, besides touching upon the wider LMR and mobile broadband industries. In addition to covering the business case, challenges, technology, spectrum allocation, industry roadmap, value chain, deployment case studies, vendor products, strategies, standardization initiatives and applications ecosystem for public safety LTE, the report also presents comprehensive forecasts for mobile broadband, LMR and public safety LTE subscriptions from 2016 till 2030. Also covered are public safety LTE service revenues, over both private and commercial networks. In addition, the report presents revenue forecasts for public safety LTE infrastructure, devices, integration services and management solutions.
Driven by the thriving ecosystem, SNS Research estimates that annual investments on public safety LTE infrastructure will reach $600 Million by the end of 2016. The market, which includes base stations (eNBs), mobile core and transport networking gear, is further expected to grow at a CAGR of 33% over the next four years. By 2020, these infrastructure investments will be complemented by over 4.4 Million LTE device shipments, including smartphones, rugged handheld terminals and vehicular routers.
This study answers several questions for stakeholders, primarily which market segments they should focus upon during the next five years to prioritize their efforts and investments.
These stakeholders include more than 100 companies both manufacturing and providing services in the Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband such as,
3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project), Aaeon, Abu Dhabi Police, Accelleran, AceAxis, ACMA (Australian Communications and Media Authority), Aculab, Adax, ADCOM911 (Adams County Communication Center), ADRF (Advanced RF Technologies), Advantech, Advantech Wireless, Aeroflex, Affarii Technologies, Affirmed Networks, Agile Networks, Airbus Defence and Space, Airbus Group, Air-Lynx, Airspan Networks, Airvana, Airwave Solutions, Ajman Police, Alcatel-Lucent, Altiostar Networks, Amdocs, Anite, Anritsu Corporation, APCO International (Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials), Apple, ARASKOM, Arcadyan, Argela, Aricent, ARItel, Arqiva, Artemis Networks, Aselsan, ASOCS and other major players in the market.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report has the following key findings:
– SNS Research estimates that annual investments on public safety LTE infrastructure will reach $600 Million by the end of 2016. The market, which includes base stations (eNBs), mobile core and transport networking gear, is further expected to grow at a CAGR of 33% over the next four years.
– By 2020, these infrastructure investments will be complemented by over 4.4 Million LTE device shipments, including smartphones, rugged handheld terminals and vehicular routers.
– Following the Qatar Ministry of Interiors private 800 MHz LTE network deployment in 2012, multiple private LTE rollouts are underway by security forces throughout the oil rich GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) region, including the Abu Dhabi and Dubai police forces.
– Driven by nationwide public safety LTE network rollouts in the United States and South Korea, the North America and Asia Pacific regions will account for nearly 70% of all public safety LTE investments over the next four years.
– Almost all major LMR industry players are leveraging partnerships with established LTE infrastructure OEMs such as Ericsson, Nokia, Huawei and Samsung, to offer end-to-end LTE solutions.
– Consolidation efforts are continuing to take place throughout the industry, particularly among the largest LTE infrastructure OEMs and public safety system integrators.
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
– How big is the public safety LTE opportunity?
– What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
– How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
– What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
– Which regions and submarkets will see the highest percentage of growth?
– How does standardization impact the adoption of LTE for public safety applications?
– When will MCPTT and proximity services see large scale proliferation?
– What is the status of private LTE rollouts and public safety MVNO offerings across the globe?
– What opportunities exist for commercial mobile operators and MVNOs in the public safety LTE market?
– Is there a market for 400 MHz LTE networks?
Global Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband Sales (K Units) by Application (2016-2030)
|2016||2017||2030||Market Share (%)2030||CGAR (%)|
|Latin & Central America||xx||xx||xx||xx%||xx%|
|Middle East & Africa||xx||xx||xx||xx%||xx%|
The report covers the following topics:
– Business case for public safety LTE and mobile broadband services, including key benefits and challenges
– Technology, economics, trends, commercial commitments and deployment case studies
– List of public safety LTE engagements worldwide
– Public safety LTE infrastructure, devices and applications
– Industry roadmap, value chain and standardization initiatives
– Spectrum allocation, deployment models and funding strategies
– Profiles and strategies of over 260 ecosystem players including public safety system integrators and LTE infrastructure/device OEMs
– TCO analysis of private and commercial public safety LTE deployments
– Military and tactical LTE deployments
– Public safety LTE base station (eNB) form factor analysis
Forecast Segmentation Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
Public Safety LTE Infrastructure Submarkets:
– RAN (Radio Access Network)
– EPC (Evolved Packet Core) and Policy
– Mobile Backhaul and Transport
RAN Base Station (eNB) Mobility Categories:
– Fixed Base Stations
– Transportable Base Stations
RAN Base Station (eNB) Cell Size Categories:
– Small Cells
Transportable RAN Base Station (eNB) Form Factor Categories:
– NIB (Network-in-a-Box)
– VNS (Vehicle Network System)
– SOW (System-on-Wheels)
– Airborne Platforms
Public Safety LTE Management & Integration Solutions Submarkets:
– Network Integration & Testing
– Device Management & User Services
– Managed Services, Operations & Maintenance
Public Safety LTE Devices Submarkets:
– Private LTE
– Commercial LTE
Form Factor Categories
– Smartphones & Handportable Terminals
– Vehicle Mount Routers & Terminals
– Tablets & Notebook PCs
– USB Dongles & Others
Public Safety User Subscriptions over Commercial Mobile Broadband Submarkets:
– 5G & Beyond
LMR Subscriptions Submarkets:
– dPMR, NXDN & PDT
LMR Data Subscriptions Submarkets:
– P25 – Phase 1
– P25 – Phase 2
Public Safety LTE Applications Submarkets:
– Video Applications
– GIS, AVLS and Mapping
– Mobile VPN Access & Security
– CAD (Computer Aided Dispatching)
– Remote Database Access
– Telemetry and Remote Diagnostics
– Bulk Multimedia/Data Transfers
– PTT & Voice over LTE
– Situational Awareness Applications